No Chimney for Santa

I recently found one of the first graphic design projects I did in school when I was learning how to use Adobe programs and integrate ideas and images together. For this project, we were assigned to juxtapose two images into one. I titled mine, made from two scanned magazine advertisements, No Chimney for Santa.
When I found this image in my archives, I immediately thought of the people in the Philippines who are in the midst of typhoon recovery during the Christmas season and I overlaid some text to capture this disaster.
Last week I received confirmation that I was accepted into the All Hands Volunteer Project Leyte in the Philippines. All Hands is an organization that mobilizes volunteers to provide response to natural disasters.
As a result, The Earth Ink will be on hiatus for a month while I volunteer my time on the Island of Leyte. In February and March, I will be recovering building materials, cleaning up properties, assisting with food distribution, and of course, taking photos to tell my story. Especially over the holidays, I am excited to be able to give the gift of my time to start 2014!
Should you feel inclined to follow my story or support my trip, please visit my new blog, Andrea + All Hands: Responding to the Philippines. I have already started posting some project information and there. The blog also provides several ways to financially support my trip and All Hands Volunteers.
Wishing you and your family all the best for the holiday season, a Merry Christmas, and Happy New Year.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Brunch at Nahaam, Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates

Tambulilid, Ormoc City, Leyte, Philippines

Louvre Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates