Practicing Design, Opera House, Sydney, New South Wales, Australia

© 2009 Andrea Rip. All Rights Reserved. Not for commercial use.To take an attractive idea and turn it into my own design is one of my favorite design challenges. It encourages me to try something that might be outside of my style and to understand what makes effective images attractive and eye-catching. The idea of using an all black background with one focal image came from a magazine ad. While dramatically manipulating a photo of the plaque at the Sydney Opera House dedicated to the architect, Jørn Utzon, I realized that image would pop on that black backdrop. And, by turning another image of the Opera House to black and white and over-contrasting the photo, I created a recognizable icon to put on the bottom of my design.
Without reading the subdued text (the quote on the plaque by Mr. Utzon about his design), anyone who looks at this image will know exactly what place the design represents.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Brunch at Nahaam, Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates

Tambulilid, Ormoc City, Leyte, Philippines

Plaza Mayor, Madrid, España