Petra, Jordan


I recall looking through a magazine and reading about Petra for the first time. Fascinated by the early 1800s rediscovery of the lost and inaccessible city and enamored by the red stones, I remember thinking that there would never be a reason for me to venture deep within the country of Jordan. And, I could never imagine that there would be a person who would be interested in traveling to see this UNESCO World Heritage site with me.

Several years later, I stood in the middle of the city of red stone absolutely amazed at the grandeur of the ancient city of Petra and in disbelief that I stood in the midst of the photos that I marveled at in that magazine article. All that, and I had a reacquainted high school friend to travel with!
Jordan remains one of the most fascinating countries that I have visited. The people were hospitable and friendly despite an occasional Arabic-English language barrier. The country is home to fascinating historical sites, geographically diverse landscapes, and so many activities to participate in that I look forward to experiencing the beautiful country and culture again!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Brunch at Nahaam, Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates

Tambulilid, Ormoc City, Leyte, Philippines

Plaza Mayor, Madrid, España