Amsterdam, Netherlands


Alone, I rarely venture too far at night. This particular evening, I found myself  following my path back to my hotel after a late afternoon tour of the Anne Frank House in Amsterdam.
I was waylaid into the evening due to an annual holiday gathering of the Netherlands Parliament near the Swissotel where I stayed for my last night on a long overseas trip.
I had hoped to catch a glimpse of the Queen, but later found that they had unfurled the red carpet at the back entrance to the building in Dam Square. After the later-than-planned, but provocative visit to Anne Frank's home, I was in a hurry through the dark streets and winter cold to return to the hotel and warm up, but I found myself captivated by the warmth of lights along the canals and the matte effect of thin ice forming over the water. So, I walked a bit slower, and patiently balanced my camera on a railing to capture a still image of the evening glow.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Brunch at Nahaam, Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates

Tambulilid, Ormoc City, Leyte, Philippines

Louvre Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates