Hilo, Hawaii, United States

A long awaited vacation. A chance to see a new place in my own state. A delayed flight. A window seat. A sinking sun.
I did not know what to expect when I flew over the Big Island and landed in Hilo, Hawaii. The Isle of Hawaii is the biggest in the state and has several different sides to show.
Hilo is on the windward side where rain falls regularly and waterfalls have cut dramatic and deep valleys that are cloaked in the thickest and greenest vegetation I have seen. On the coast were fields in a dozen shades of green crops.
This remarkable photo hit my camera's sensor shortly before sunset. It was a cloudy day, but my flight delay put me in perfect time to see the sun peak through the clouds for a spot of time during our decent.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Brunch at Nahaam, Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates

Tambulilid, Ormoc City, Leyte, Philippines

Louvre Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates